A blog that will change the world of blogs, one blog at a time. Yours first probably. No....most likely it will be yours first. ........ Most definately yours first, to be honest.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Tsunami!!!!!

So, I almost died from a Tsunami over my vacation. I was just sitting with my brother and wife at our quaint little bon-fire on the beach, when all of a sudden, air-raid sirens go off. At first, there was a few moments of total awkwardness. Everyone on the beach just kind of sat there, looking at each other with blank stares. I was thinking, "Now, I personally believe that that would qualify as a bad sound." Then a couple families bolt off the beach. Next thing you know, everyone is running from the beach. Some people crying, others with blank looks of terror, as everybody jumped in the nearest car to get to higher ground.

Me? I luckily had the common sense to take the time to run up the three flights of stairs to our condo, search through my stuff, and grab the camcorder, in case something actually did happen.

Nothing did.

There was an interesting moment as about 300 people tried to give their own "Experienced" knowledge of tsunami's to the other panicked by-standers on the hill-top, as if this was a common occurrence for them.

"Oh yeah, don't worry. The one yesterday only killed 18 people, and the one right after breakfast? Three!"

Just shut up and let the worried people think their blown-out-of-proportion thoughts on what could possibly happen. Stuff like: if they'll live, if they'll see it as it happens, if they'll get to eat that maple bar they wanted so badly.

Anywho......there was one guy who was complaining about how he was missing the NBA Finals. Me, on the other hand, I had just wished I had worn some shoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Dude, that stinks that you didn't have shoes. I bet your feet hurt...real bad. How come your pictures aren't in the downtown Thomas Hammer anymore?

3:55 PM

 
Blogger Adam Farnsworth said...

I have found you Nick Lambert!

I knew you kept posting on my blog, by I didn't know you had one! Yeah, bummer about not getting the footage! I'd be pissed!

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home